This article outlines the installation process for different versions of Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
Before you begin your installation, please refer to the Admin Notes and ensure that pop-up blockers are turned off in your web browser.
- Installing InsideView Insights in Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online and Dynamics 365
- Installing InsideView Insights in Microsoft Dynamics CRM On-Premises
InsideView Insights delivers data, insights, and connections directly into your Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online or Dynamics 365 environment. Once enabled, you will have access to InsideView Insights in your Account, Lead, Contact, and Opportunity page-views.
Existing InsideView Customers
If you have upgraded to Microsoft Dynamics 365 or simply wish to upgrade your InsideView Insights package, first uninstall the existing InsideView package and then install the new InsideView Insights package. There will be no change to your existing InsideView license type.
Effective November 2016, installing Insights Enterprise, powered by InsideView is done via the InsideView Insights webpage.
- To install InsideView Insights for Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online and Dynamics 365 edition, click Download & Install to download the package zip file to your local computer.
- On the InsideView Insights page, click Installation Guide to download the PDF and follow the instructions in the guide and installation prompts to complete the installation.
- Setup a proxy CRM user to provide your CRM users with seamless data sync/export.
- Enabling OAuth for InsideView Insights in Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online
- Setting Up Proxy User in Your Microsoft Dynamics CRM or 365 (Online or On-Premises)
You can install InsideView Insights 4.2 in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2015 version and above. In order to install InsideView Insights 4.2 in older versions of Microsoft Dynamics CRM, such as 2011 and 2013, it is recommended to upgrade your CRM to a newer version.
- Download the InsideView Insights 4.2 package from the InsideView Insights web page.
- Click the Download Now link as illustrated above.
- Log into your Microsoft Dynamics CRM as an Administrator with the System Customizer role.
- Navigate to Settings > Solutions or Settings > Customizations > Solutions as illustrated in following screens:
- Click the Import Solution icon or link and select the downloaded zip file from your local computer.
- Follow the instructions in the installation prompts to complete your installation.