This article outlines the installation process for different versions of Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
Before you begin your installation, please refer to the Admin Notes and ensure that pop-up blockers are turned off in your web browser.
- Installing Insights Enterprise in Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online and Dynamics 365
- Installing Insights Enterprise in Microsoft Dynamics CRM On-Premises
Insights Enterprise, powered by InsideView delivers data, insights and connections directly into your Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online or Dynamics 365 environment. Once enabled, you will have access to Insights Enterprise in your Account, Lead, Contact, and Opportunity page-views.
Existing InsideView Customers
If you have upgraded to Microsoft Dynamics 365 or simply wish to upgrade your InsideView Sales Enterprise package to the newer Insights Enterprise package to get all the latest features, first uninstall the existing InsideView package and then install the new Insights Enterprise package. There will be no change to your existing InsideView license type.
Effective November 2016, installing Insights Enterprise, powered by InsideView is done via the Insights Enterprise webpage.
- To install Insights Enterprise for Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online and Dynamics 365 edition, click Download & Install to download the package zip file to your local computer.
- On the Insights Enterprise page, click Installation Guide to download the PDF and follow the instructions in the guide and installation prompts to complete the installation.
- Setup a proxy CRM user to provide your CRM users with seamless data sync/export.
- Enabling OAuth for InsideView Sales in Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online
- Setting Up Proxy User in Your Microsoft Dynamics CRM or 365 (Online or On-Premises)
You can install Insights Enterprise 4.2 in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2015 version and above. In order to install Insights Enterprise 4.2 in older versions of Microsoft Dynamics CRM, such as 2011 and 2013, it is recommended to upgrade your CRM to a newer version.
- Download the Insights 4.2 package from the Insights Enterprise web page.
- Click the Download Now link as illustrated above.
- Log into your Microsoft Dynamics CRM as an Administrator with the “System Customizer” role.
- Navigate to Settings > Solutions or Settings > Customizations > Solutions as illustrated in following screens:
- Click the Import Solution icon or link and select the downloaded zip file from your local computer.
- Follow the instructions in the Installation prompts to complete your installation.