This article talks about how InsideView authenticates and authorises new users into the InsideView Account.
- Auto-provisioning New InsideView Users in Your CRM Integration
- Auto-provisioning New InsideView Users without a CRM Integration
Auto-provisioning New InsideView Users in your CRM Integration
InsideView uses OAuth to authenticate a new InsideView user in your account.
- As a Salesforce Administrator, you can grant access to all users or allow each user to self-authorise. Refer to the Granting Access to InsideView Sales App for Salesforce article in our Knowledge Base for more information.
- For all other CRMs, all users will be automatically authorised by the Admin.
- When a CRM user accesses the InsideView mash-up for the first time from a CRM instance, InsideView reads the following information:
- CRM User ID
- CRM User Email
- CRM Org ID (from which the request originated)
- Once all required fields are found,, an InsideView user is automatically created and granted a Trial license.
Note: This license is valid for 30 days after which the user will be automatically switched to a Free license, unless you are upgraded to an Enterprise / Elite license by the designated InsideView Administrator.
- In case the CRM User accesses InsideView from a new Business Unit (CRM instance), that is not already integrated with InsideView, they will be prompted to send an approval request to the InsideView Administrator for access. To learn how to approve such requests read the How to Add a New CRM Instance to Your InsideView Account article in our Knowledge Base.
Auto-provisioning New InsideView Users without a CRM Integration
To add new users to your InsideView Account, you need to reach out to either your Account Manager or InsideView License Management Team.
You can however transfer license and activate or deactivate users by following the instructions provided in the Managing License Allocation article in our Knowledge Base.