This article explains the various ways in which you can use InsideView search
- How to Use InsideView's Global Search
- How to Use Salesforce's Federated Search for InsideView Results
Since the InsideView CRM View appears inline in the CRM record when you're looking at an Account, Opportunity, Contact, or Lead, you can use the search function in your CRM to see rich, up-to-the-minute information on companies and people already in your CRM.
To search for companies and people who are not yet in your CRM, go to the InsideView Web View interface. You can get to this interface by launching https://my.insideview.com in your browser or by clicking on any company or person link in InsideView's CRM View.
When you begin typing in the Search box, type-ahead suggestions show a list of companies and people that match your search term. As soon as you see what you're looking for, you can select it from the drop-down list or press enter to see more search results.
InsideView searches the following fields:
|Company||Company Name, DBA name, Aliases, City, State, Country, Region, Ticker, Company Description|
|People||First Name, Last Name, Employers|
|News||Keywords in the Title or Body|
- If there are multiple keywords in the search string, all the words in the string need to be present in the news article for it to appear in the search results.
- Only news items from the last 30 days are displayed in the search results.
- InsideView Search does not use wildcards. Instead, it uses a "fuzzy search" algorithm that automatically finds items similar to your search term.
- To learn the best practices of company name/keyword search in list building, read the article Best Practices to Search Government Entities and Schools in our Knowledge Base.
Tips to Search Government Entities and Schools:
This section provides tips for searching the individual government/school entities:
- To search for Government Entities, enter the keyword to select the desired entities from the type-ahead suggestions. For example, to search the U.S. Department of the Navy, enter the "U.S Department" keyword as illustrated:
- To search for universities, enter the "university" keyword as illustrated:
- To search for state government entities, enter the "state of" keyword to select desired entities as illustrated:
Note: You can also narrow down your search for a state government agency, such as California, with the keyword "State of California".
- To search for city-based government entities or universities, enter the "city of" keyword to select the desired entity as illustrated:
Note: You can also narrow down your search for a city-based government agency, such as San Francisco, with the keyword "City of San Francisco".
Once InsideView is set up as an external data source in Salesforce, you can search for contacts and companies from InsideView directly within Salesforce. To learn about setting up InsideView as a data source for Salesforce's Federated Search, read the Setting Up and Managing Federated Search article in our Knowledge Base.
To use Federated Search, enter insideview on the Salesforce search bar and click Enter.
In the Search Results left pane, click the InsideView Accounts or InsideView Contacts links under External Results.
Click the View link under Display URL to view an account or contact in the InsideView custom tab.
The InsideView Company Info page opens in the InsideView custom tab as shown below:
Click the Title of an account or contact in the search results to view the Company or Contact in the Salesforce Details sub tab.
When you click the company or contact Title link, the Salesforce Details sub tab opens.
Click the View Details in InsideView link to open the company or contact in the InsideView custom tab.
The InsideView Company Info page opens in the InsideView custom tab as illustrated:
The InsideView Contact Info page opens in the InsideView custom tab as illustrated: