Email validation is triggered by InsideView periodically. The email validation process results in changes only when the email address is changed.
Email validation rules periodically checks the following information to validate the accuracy of emails in InsideView’s database:
- Every email address in the database has any of the following validation status:
- G (GREEN) - VALID
- Y (YELLOW) - MAYBE VALID
- R (RED) - INVALID
- NOT VALIDATED – NOT VALIDATED YET.
- For an employment if the email is INVALID, validation rules will match few valid Domain and Pattern combinations. For example, email@example.com – FirstName.LastName (Pattern) & insideview.com (Domain). If the email is found to be valid, then the status changes to VALID.
- For an employment, when there is NO email, validation rules checks all possible domain plus pattern combinations to find a NON INVALID email. If validation rules fails to retrieve a NON INVALID email, that employment is treated as devoid of any email.
- For all emails that are passed in the database with new user additions, validation rules fetches the validation status for them. If the email is NOT found in the repository, the status is marked as NOT VALIDATED.