When you import your contacts into InsideView, all of them may not be added to your InsideView Connections. This article explains the logic behind InsideView's Connections feature.
Note: InsideView Connections does not allow duplicate entries. If you have a contact in your LinkedIn, Gmail, and Outlook Connections, InsideView groups (upon importing from all sources) it as only one entry.
InsideView uses three matching conditions when you import your contacts:
- Personal Connections: a) Executives whose work email address has an exact match in the InsideView database. b) Executives whose first/last name and company information is matched in InsideView.
- Private Personal Connections: Your contact is added to your InsideView Connections but it is displayed with a gray background to show that it is not already a part of Insideview’s database.
- Unmatched Personal Connections: Executives whose company information and first/last name are unmatched in InsideView.
Next, InsideView uses the conditions to create your Connections as follows:
- Personal Connections: Your contact is added to your InsideView Connections.
- Private Personal Connections: Your contact is added to your InsideView Connections but it displays as grayed out.
- Unmatched Personal Connections: Your contact is not added to your InsideView Connections.
For example, you imported 489 contacts. InsideView uses the matching logic described above and displays the message '354 of 489' imported. The first number is the number of contacts that were added to your InsideView Connections. The second number is the total number of contacts InsideView attempted to import. The difference between the two is the number of contacts that were not matched to a company in InsideView. Also, each time you import, the InsideView algorithm works behind the scenes to delete your outdated connections and re-match with your current set of contacts to keep your network most relevant and updated.
Note: InsideView recommends the inclusion of First Name, Last Name, and Company Name for your contacts to get better matches.