This article helps you install Demandbase (InsideView) Insights in Salesforce CRM.
The installation process involves the following steps:
- Define the Lead source field.
- Install the Demandbase (InsideView) Insights App package version 5.9.0
- Add the Insights app in Account, Lead, Contact, and Opportunity objects.
- Install Dashboard.
If you are an existing user and want to upgrade your package:
- Install the Demandbase (InsideView) Insights App package version 5.9.0 - this will upgrade your old version automatically.
- Users with a Group edition of Salesforce.com click here to view the InsideView for 'Salesforce Group Edition' package installation instructions. Click here for steps to configure Page Layout in 'Salesforce Lightning UI’.
- If your organization restricts network access by third-party applications, go to the Configure Network Access section.
- To load Insights CRM view after installation, The option “Lock sessions to the domain in which they were first used” must be unchecked in your Salesforce set up. To uncheck this option, read the Troubleshooting Salesforce article in our Knowledge Base.
Define the Lead Source Field
Before you install Demandbase (InsideView) Insights, you need to define the Lead Source field for Leads and Contacts. To define the Lead Source field for Leads, follow the instructions in Defining Lead Source Field for Leads, Contacts, and Accounts in Salesforce.
Install Demandbase (InsideView) Insights Package
Once you have defined the Lead Source field, follow these instructions below to install the Demandbase (InsideView) Insights App package:
|1||Log in||Log in to Salesforce.com as an administrator.|
|2||Go to the Installation page||Click here to find the Demandbase (InsideView) Insights App package in Salesforce CRM and click Get It Now.
Select the Log in with Trailblazer.me option.
Select the Salesforce option and sign up for Trailblazer with your Salesforce login credentials.
Log in to Salesforce CRM with an admin user credentials.
Click Get It Now again. Select the desired Salesforce instance and click Install in Production.
Select the I Agree to terms and conditions checkbox and click Confirm and Install.
|3||Select the installation option||On the Installation page, select the Install for All Users option and click Install.
|4||Complete installation||Once the installation is complete, click Done.
The InsideView for AppExchange is now displayed under the Installed Packages section as illustrated below:
|5||Allow access to users||
Once the installation is completed, you can grant access to the Demandbase (InsideView) Insights application.
Salesforce provides two options to set permission to app in oAuth policies:
Note: You will have to grant access for each individual user to view Demandbase (InsideView) Insights within Salesforce.
Note: In the Demandbase (InsideView) Insights App page, under the oAuth Policies section, if Permitted Users is set to All users may self-authorize option, then the following screen will be shown to each user when they try to access InsideView until they grant access.
Users will have to click Allow Access Now and grant permission for the following items:
Then, click Allow.
|6||Enable workflow rules||If you are not using the Demandbase (InsideView) Enrich or Demandbase Refresh product, follow these steps to enable the workflow rules:
|7||Set your password||Open an account, opportunity, lead or contact page first, then click Set Password and follow the steps requested. This will enable you to access Admin features.
For information, read the article How to Reset Password in InsideView Products in our Knowledge Base.
|8||Add Insights to Page Layouts||Now, you can add the Demandbase (InsideView) Insights app in Accounts, Leads, Contacts, and Opportunities objects. Click here for steps to configure Page Layout in Salesforce Classic. Click here for steps to configure Page Layout in Salesforce Lightning.|
|9||Add Insights to Dashboards||To learn how to install Demandbase (InsideView) Insights Dashboards in Salesforce, refer to the article Installing InsideView Dashboards in Salesforce on our Knowledge Base.|
Configure Network Access
In order to allow your users to export Accounts, Leads, and Contacts from Demandbase (InsideView) Insights into Salesforce, you must add the Demandbase IP range to your Network Access trusted list in Salesforce.com.
- Go to Setup > SecurityControls > Network Access.
- Click New.
- Enter IP Address range (220.127.116.11 to 18.104.22.168).
- Click Save.
To confirm that Demandbase can communicate back to your Salesforce instance, click the Update CRM link on any Demandbase (InsideView) Insights company or executive page. You will be asked whether you wish to create a new record or update an existing match found in your CRM.