This article helps you install InsideView in Salesforce.com.
The installation process involves the following steps:
- Install the InsideView package
- Add the InsideView app in Accounts, Leads, Contacts, and Opportunities objects.
- Install InsideView Dashboard
If you are an existing user and want to upgrade your package to include ROI dashboards along with Salesforce1 mobile app, you need to:
- Install the InsideView package (this will upgrade your old version automatically)
Note: InsideView for Sales is now available with Salesforce1 mobile App. SFDC users from now onwards will be able to view more insights about companies and executives even while using their Salesforce1 App. No additional installation instructions are required to configure InsideView for Sales for Salesforce1 mobile App.
Important: Users with a Group edition of Salesforce.com click here to view the InsideView for 'Salesforce Group Edition' package installation instructions. Click here for steps to configure Page Layout in 'Salesforce Lightning UI’.
Note: If your organization restricts network access by third party applications, please ask your IT administrator to add the following IP address ranges to allow updates from InsideView:
- 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206
- 220.127.116.11 to 18.104.22.168
Install the InsideView package
Before you install InsideView, you need to define the Lead Source field for Leads and Contacts. The following instructions describe how to define the Lead Source field for Leads.
Note: To load InsideView mashup after installation, The option “Lock sessions to the domain in which they were first used” must be unchecked in your Salesforce set up. To uncheck this option, read this section of the Troubleshooting Salesforce article on our Knowledge Base.
To see detailed screenshots and instructions, read the article Defining Lead Source Field for Leads and Contacts on our Knowledge Base:
- Under Build, click Customize.
- Click Leads.
- Click Fields and then click Lead Source.
- In the Lead Source Picklist Values, click New to create a new lead source.
- On the Lead Sourcepage, type in InsideView in the text box (case–sensitive) and click Save. The Lead Source is added to the list.
Note: When you define the lead source field for Leads, the Account and Contact source fields also get updated automatically.
After you define the Lead Source field follow the instructions below to install the InsideView package.
- Click here to install in Salesforce.com.
- Log in to Salesforce.com as an administrator.
- Review the package installation details and click Continue.
- Click ‘Get it now’.
- Login to app exchange
- Choose to install in production or sandbox
- Salesforce will prompt you to login again. After login, you will get the below screen:
- Click done once installation is complete.
Now, you can add the InsideView app in Accounts, Leads, Contacts, and Opportunities objects. To do this, read the article Configuring InsideView to Page Layout in SFDC on our Knowledge Base. Click here for steps to configure Page Layout in Salesforce Lightning UI’
Configure Network Access
In order to allow your users to export new Accounts, Leads, and Contacts from InsideView into Salesforce, you must add the InsideView IP range to your Network Access trusted list in Salesforce.com.
- Select Setup | Security Controls | Network Access
- Click 'New'
- Enter IP Address range (22.214.171.124 to 126.96.36.199) or (188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206)
- Click 'Save'
To confirm that InsideView can communicate back to your Salesforce instance, click the 'Export' or 'Sync' link on any InsideView company or executive page. You will be asked whether you wish to create a new record or update an existing match found in your CRM.
To learn how to Install IV Dashboards in SFDC, refer to the article Installing InsideView Dashboards in Salesforce on our Knowledge Base. To learn how to Configure InsideView to Page Layout in SFDC, refer to the article Configuring InsideView to Page Layout in SFDC on our Knowledge Base.