||Launch InsideView Target
Click the Build a List link in the InsideView Sales application.
||Search with Job Title and Industry type
||Use the InsideView Target to search for executives according to the following criteria:
Note: Here and throughout, the number of people available in the InsideView database changes automatically based on your search criteria.
- Job Title: To search for people with specific job title, job function, or level such as Vice President, Finance, or Human Resources. You can enter multiple job titles or job functions.
- Industry: To search for people working at specific industry and their associated sub-industries. If you select an industry or a sub-industry from the Industry drop-down list, all its associated industries/sub-industries are retrieved in the search results.
For example, if you select Computer Software as a top-level industry, all its associated sub-industries such as Accounting and Tax Software,Agriculture Industry Software, Application Service Providers (ASPs) and so on are retrieved in search results.
InsideView provides its own proprietary classifications, which consolidate the global standard companies into 30 top-level industries and 708 sub-industries.
||Search with Location
||Use the CompanyLocation list to search for people according to the following geographical criteria:
- All Locations: To search executives in all locations.
- City/State: To search only for people working in companies in a particular city, select City/State from the Locations list and then enter a name in the City box. If you want to search for people working in companies in a particular state, enter the state name or state code in the State box, while leaving the City box blank. If you want to search for people in a particular country, select the country name from the Country drop-down list.
- Zip Codes: Enter Zip Codes if you want to search for people working in places with specific zip codes. You can enter multiple zip codes in the Zip Codes box separated by commas.
- Area Codes: Select Area Codes if you want to search for people working in areas with specific area codes. You can enter multiple area codes in the Area Codes box separated by commas.
- Countries: Select Countries, and then on the Country list, click the names of the countries in which you want to search for people. To select multiple countries, click on each country name.
- Regions: Select Regions, and then on the Regions list, select the geographical region such as Africa, Asia, and Middle East in which you want to search for people.
||Search with company size
Enter a range for the employee count of the companies that you want to target. For example, if you enter 50 to 200 in the Employees Min and Employees Max fields, the search returns people working only in those companies with 50-200 employees.
||Search with revenue
Enter the annual revenue of the companies that you want to target. For example, if you enter 5M to 10M in Revenue(USD) field, the search returns people working only in those companies with revenues that ranges from 5 million to 10 million US dollars.
||Search with Contact Info
||Use the Contact Info list to search for people according to the following criteria:
Select email filtering options to search for executives with an email validation status of Valid Email and Valid Domain.
You can also select the Direct Phone or Corporate Phone to search executives with phone numbers.
Choose the Direct Phone search filter to view the contact and companies that have a direct phone number available in the InsideView database.
||Add other search criteria
Click the +Add Search Criteria link to add the following additional search criteria to find people that you want to target:
- Annual Lists & Indexes – You can select either FTSE 100, Fortune 500, Forbes Global 2000, Fortune 1000, Inc 5000, Russell 3000, and S&P 500 Annual lists & index.
- Company Status – Select the status of a company from the drop-down list. For example, you can select Operating, Subsidiary, or Acquired.
- Job Function – Select the job function of an executive from the list. For example, you can select sales and marketing.
- Job Level – Select the job level of an executive from the list. For example, you can select Director or Manager job level.
- Fiscal Year End – Select the fiscal year end month of a public company from the drop-down list.
- Ownership Type – Select the ownership type of a company from the drop-down list. For example, you can select Public, Private or Government.
- Social Network– Use this list to search only for those executives who are on one of the following social networking sites: Twitter, LinkedIn, or Facebook.
- NAICS– Enter the North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) code of a company. The maximum number of NAICS codes that you can enter is 150 for each search. You can enter multiple NAICS codes separated by commas. The InsideView database will allow you to search using either 2007 or 2012 NAICS codes.
You can also use the wild card parameter (*) for building a list of companies with partial NAICS code. With wild card character, you can find better company results in your list build with the standardized 6-digit NAICS codes. With the NAICS code wildcard(*) search, you can find companies in a wider list of industries without specifying all child industries. For example, if you search to find all companies under 'Electronics' (NAICS code - 334) and all other industries come under 'Electronics', user can simply add NAICS code as '334*' as a search criterion.
- SIC – Enter the Standard Industry Classification (SIC) codes of a company. Remember to uncheck the “Only search primary NAICS” option on the 'Build a List' page in order for this to work.
- News – Select News to view 18 standard InsideView Agents. InsideView Agents are used to group news articles into sales-relevant categories such as Leadership Changes, New Offerings and Expanding Operations.
To modify agents as per your business requirement, follow these steps:
- Technology– Select the Technology option to choose from 100 technological categories and 2,198 primary and sub categories. InsideView Target allows you to search for executives based on the technologies used by a company. For example, you can search for executives who are working at a company that uses Google App Engine technology or you select Microsoft SQL Server technology based executives.
The total number of companies for which InsideView Target has the technology data is around 525,000.
To search for executive based on technologies used by a company, follow these steps:
- Select Technology in the Add Search Criteria.
- Select the desired technology from the drop-down list as illustrated below:
- Select multiple technologies used by a company. For example, select Google Search Appliance and Microsoft SQL Server technologies.
- Click Search.
Note: The search results with technology criteria will populate Technology Used, Tech Used PrimaryCategory and Tech Used SubCategory additional fields, which can be synced into your Marketo and Eloqua application or exported in a data.xlsx file.
- Before syncing or exporting the technology fields, you must map them to fields with supported datatypes in your Eloqua and Marketo application as illustrated below:
- Once the fields are mapped, click Sync to Marketo and Sync to Eloqua to sync and view them in the respective application.
For a complete list of technologies used data, refer to the spreadsheet attached in this article below.
- Contact Location– Select the Contact Location option to search for executives with their location.
- Click the +Add Search Criteria button and select the Contact Location item.
- Enter the location name where you want to search for executives. For example, United States.
||View search results
On the search results page, click on an executive's name to view a summary of their details.
||Modify search criteria
To search within the list, modify the search criteria in the left pane and click Update as illustrated:
||Sync with Marketo
If you want to sync the People list with your Marketo application, click Sync with Marketo. For more information, read the article Syncing a People List into Marketo Application in our Knowledge Base.
If you want to export the search results in a data.xlsx file, click Export.