||Launch InsideView Target
Click the Build a List link in the InsideView Sales application.
||Search with Job Title and Industry type
||Use the InsideView Target to search for executives according to the following criteria:
Note: Here and throughout, the number of people available in the InsideView database changes automatically based on your search criteria.
||Search with Location
||Use the Location list to search for people according to the following geographical criteria:
- All Locations: To search executives in all locations.
- City/State: To search only for people working in companies in a particular city, select City/State from the Locations list and then enter a name in the City box. If you want to search for people working in companies in a particular state, enter the state name or state code in the State box, while leaving the City box blank. If you want to search for people in a particular country, select the country name from the Country drop-down list.
- Zip Codes: Enter Zip Codes if you want to search for people working in places with specific zip codes. You can enter multiple zip codes in the Zip Codes box separated by commas.
- Area Codes: Select Area Codes if you want to search for people working in areas with specific area codes. You can enter multiple area codes in the Area Codes box separated by commas.
- Countries: Select Countries, and then on the Country list, click the names of the countries in which you want to search for people. To select multiple countries, click on each country name.
- Regions: Select Regions, and then on the Regions list, select the geographical region such as Africa, Asia, and Middle East in which you want to search for people.
||Search with company size
Enter a range for the employee count of the companies that you want to target. For example, if you enter 50 to 200 in the Number of Employees field, the search returns people working only in those companies with 50-200 employees.
||Search with revenue
Enter the annual revenue of the companies that you want to target. For example, if you enter 5M to 10M in Revenue(USD) field, the search returns people working only in those companies with revenues that ranges from 5 million to 10 million US dollars.
||Add other search criteria
Click the +Add Search Criteria link to add the following additional search criteria to find people that you want to target:
- Fiscal Year End – Select the fiscal year end month of a public company from the drop-down list.
- Ownership Type – Select the ownership type of a company from the drop-down list. For example, you can select Public, Private or Government.
- Company Status – Select the status of a company from the drop-down list. For example, you can select Operating, Subsidiary, or Acquired.
- Job Function – Select the job function of an executive from the list. For example, you can select sales and marketing.
- Job Level – Select the job level of an executive from the list. For example, you can select Director or Manager job level.
- Contact Info – Select either Email or Phone from the list.
- Social Network – Use this list to search only for those executives who are on one of the following social networking sites: Twitter, LinkedIn, or Facebook.
- Ranking – By default, Ranking is set to Any. You can select either Fortune500 or Fortune1000 company ranking from list.
- NAICS – Enter the North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) code of a company. The maximum number of NAICS codes that you can enter is 150 for each search. You can enter multiple NAICS codes separated by a commas. The InsideView database will allow you to search using either 2007 or 2012 NAICS codes.
- SIC – Enter the Standard Industry Classification (SIC) codes of a company. Remember to uncheck the “Only search primary NAICS” option on the 'Build a List' page in order for this to work.
- News – Select News to view 18 standard InsideView Agents. InsideView Agents are used to group news articles into sales-relevant categories such as Leadership Changes, New Offerings and Expanding Operations.
To modify agents as per your business requirement, follow these steps:
- Technology– Select the Technology option to choose from 100 technological categories and 2,198 primary and sub categories. InsideView Target allows you to search for executives based on the technologies used by a company. For example, you can search for executives who are working at a company that uses Google App Engine technology or you select Microsoft SQL Server technology based executives.
The total number of companies for which InsideView Target has the technology data is around 525,000.
To search for executive based on technologies used by a company, follow these steps:
- Select Technology in the Add Search Criteria.
- Select the desired technology from the drop-down list as illustrated below:
- Select multiple technologies used by a company. For example, select Google App Engine and Microsoft SQL Server technologies.
- Click Search.
Note: The search results with technology criteria will populate Technology Used, Tech Used Primary Category and Tech Used Sub Category additional fields, which can be synced into your Marketo and Eloqua application or exported in a data.xlsx file.
- Before syncing or exporting the technology fields, you must map them to fields with supported datatypes in your Eloqua and Marketo application as illustrated below:
- Once the fields are mapped, click Sync to Marketo and Sync to Eloqua to sync and view them in the respective application.
For a complete list of technologies used data, refer to the spreadsheet attached in this article below.
- Contact Location– Select the Contact Location option to search for executives with their location.
- Click the Add Search Criteria button and select the Contact Location item.
- Enter the location name where you want to search for executives. For example, Gilmanton, New Hampshire.
On the search results page, click on an executive's name to view a summary of their details.
||Modify search criteria
If you want to make changes to your criteria, click the breadcrumbs on the Search Results page as illustrated below:
||Sync with Marketo
If you want to sync the People list with your Marketo application, click Sync with Marketo. For more information, read the article Syncing a People List into Marketo Application in our Knowledge Base.
If you want to export the search results in a data.xlsx file, click Export.