Note: These instructions are for the Group edition of Salesforce.com only. Note that you will not be able to sync/export InsideView information to Salesforce.com, create distributed watchlists, and create automated watchlists in this edition.
This article helps you install InsideView for the Group edition of Salesforce.com.
The InsideView for SFDC Group Edition package provides the following features to the users:
- Get information on companies and executives within your Leads, Contacts, Accounts and Opportunities objects.
- Research target accounts
- Qualify leads and find connections to key executives at your target company within the InsideView Mash up
- Monitor target companies by creating Watchlists and get regular notification emails about companies you are tracking.(Distributed Watchlists feature is not available for this edition)
- Create your own territories, and build a list of prospects within InsideView.
The installation process involves two steps:
- Install the InsideView package
- Add the InsideView app in Salesforce.com objects.
1. Install the InsideView Package
The following instructions describe how to install the InsideView package in Salesforce.com.
- Click the following URL to access the InsideView for SFDC Group Edition package: InsideView for Salesforce Group Edition
- Log in to Salesforce.com.
- Review the package installation details and click Continue.
- Click Install. Once the installation is complete, the following screen appears:
- In the Installed Package page, click the InsideView for Group Edition link to view package details.
- Click View Components to review the InsideView Sales components that are installed.
- Review InsideView components and click Close.
- Once the package is installed, you can add the InsideView app in Accounts, Leads, Contacts, and Opportunities objects.
- For new and existing users who are upgrading their InsideView package, the following instructions describe how to add InsideView app in the Account object:
- In the navigation menu, go to Build > Customize > Accounts > Page Layouts.
- Click Accounts to add InsideView in Accounts and select Page Layout.
- Under Account Layout, click Section and drag and drop it under Account Detail.
- On the Section Properties dialog box, do the following:
- In the Section Name box, type InsideView.
- Under Layout select 1-Column.
- Click OK.
- Select Visualforce Pages under Account Layout, click on InsideView Account Connector, drag and drop it in the InsideView section you created.
- On the InsideView Account Connector click Properties.
- On the Visualforce Page Properties, change Height (in pixels) to 400 and click OK.
- Click Save to save the updated page layout.
- Repeat these instructions to add InsideView to Leads, Opportunities, and Contacts objects.