||Launch InsideView Target
||Click Build a List in the InsideView Sales.
||Enter the company list criteria
||On the InsideView Target page, enter the search criteria for your company list.
||Search with the Location
The Locations list enables you to search for companies using the following geographical criteria:
- City or State
- Zip Code
- Area Code
- City/State: Select City/State from the Locations list then enter a city's name in the City field.
- To search for companies within a particular state, enter the code for the state in the State field, and leave the City field blank.
- To search for companies in a particular country, select the country name from the Country drop-down list.
- Zip Codes: Select Zip Codes from the Locations list, then enter the zip code(s) in the Zip Code field. Use commas to separate multiple zip codes.
- Area Codes: Select Area Codes from the Locations list, then enter the area code(s) in the Area Code field to search for companies operating in specific areas. Use commas to separate multiple zip codes.
- Countries: Select Countries from the Locations list, then, click the Country field and select the country from the drop-down list. To select multiple countries, hold down the Ctrl key while clicking.
- Regions: Select Regions from the Locations list, then click the Regions field and select the geographical region such as Asia or Middle East from the drop-down list. To select multiple regions, hold down the Ctrl key while clicking.
||Search with Employee count and Revenue
||Use the Employees Min, Employees Max, Revenue Min and Revenue Max fields to enter a range for the employee count and the revenue of the companies you want to target. For example, if you enter 100 to 500 in the Employees and 5M to 2.5B in Revenue fields, the search returns only those companies with 100-500 employees working for them and with revenue that ranges from 5 million to 2.5 billion US dollars.
Note: The number of companies available in the InsideView database adjusts automatically based on your search criteria.
||Search by Industry type
||Select an industry from the Industry drop-down list, then select any applicable sub-industries. For example, select Commercial Banking
Note: You can also enter an industry's SIC or NAICS code. The InsideView database will allow you to search using either 2007 or 2012 NAICS codes.
InsideView has its own proprietary classifications, which consolidate these differing global standards into 30 top-level industries and 708 sub-industries. For more information, read the article Updates to Industry Codes on our Knowledge Base.
||Add other search criteria
||Click +Add Search Criteria to add the following additional search criteria:
- Annual Lists & Indexes – You can select either FTSE 100, Fortune500, Fortune Global 2000,Fortune1000, Inc 5000, Russell 3000, and S&P Annual lists & index.
- Fiscal Year End – Select the fiscal year end month of a public company from the drop-down list.
- Ownership Type – Select the ownership type of a company from the drop-down list. For example, you can select Public, Private or Government.
- Company Status – Select the status of a company from the drop-down list. For example, you can select Operating, Subsidiary, or Acquired.
- Social Network– Use this list to search for executives who are on one of the following social networking sites: Twitter, LinkedIn, or Facebook.
- NAICS– Enter the North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) code of a company. The maximum number of NAICS codes that you can enter is 150 for each search. You can enter multiple NAICS codes separated by a commas.
- SIC – Enter the Standard Industry Classification (SIC) codes of a company.
Note: The NAICS and SIC criteria is disabled if you select the Industry type filter because these three search options mutually coexist.
- News – Select News to view 18 standard InsideView Agents. InsideView Agents are used to group news articles into sales-relevant categories such as Leadership Changes, New Offerings and Expanding Operations.
To modify agents as per your business requirement, follow these steps:
- Technology– Select the Technology option to choose from 100 technological categories and 2,198 primary and sub categories. InsideView Target allows you to search for executives based on the technologies used by a company. For example, you can search for executives who are working at a company that uses Google App Engine technology or you select Microsoft SQL Server technology based executives.
The total number of companies for which InsideView Target has the technology data is around 525,000.
To search for executive based on technologies used by a company, follow these steps:
||View the details and modify criteria
||On the search results page, point to a company's name to view a summary of the company details. To save companies from search results, click Companies.
||To save your search criteria, click Save, then enter a name for the search for future reference and click Save.