Once your user account is commissioned for InsideView Apex by a customer success manager (CSM) or your account administrator.
Follow these steps to launch InsideView Apex application and create a new market segment:
||Log in to InsideView Apex
||Log in to InsideView Admin Portal with your user credentials.
||Create a new segment
||If you have not configured any Market Segment, click Apex and then select the Market Segment link to create a new segment.
Click Create a New Market Segment.
||Select the location()
||In the Location page, you can do the following actions:
Note: You can click Next to skip the step at any stage while creating a market segment. The number of companies and people at the top change dynamically based on your selection.
||Enter Company's Employee Count and Revenue
||On the Company Size screen, you can click Add Employee Count or Add Revenue to specify the employee count and company’s revenue range to filter your results.
- When you click Add Employee Count, enter the minimum and maximum number of employees at companies that you want to target.
You can also select the Include companies where the value for employee count is unavailable check box to include companies with no employee count in the InsideView database.
Note: You can opt to leave either Maximum or Minimum field values blank. For example, to filter all companies with employees less than 500, leave the Minimum blank and enter 500 in the Maximum field.
- When you click Add Revenue, you can enter the minimum and maximum revenue range of companies that you want to target. For example, to filter all companies with at least 5M in revenue, enter 5M in the Minimum field and leave the Maximum field blank.
You can also select the Include companies where the value for revenue is unavailable check box to include companies with no revenue in the InsideView database.
- Click Next.
||Select the industries
||On the Industries screen, you can select specific industries that you want to target.
- You can also type the Industry name in the Search box to find it. For example, select the Banks industry check box.
- Click the Chevron icon to expand the Industry to view and select the sub-industries.
- Click the Chevron again to close the sub-industries view.
- Select the specific industry or select a group of industries. All your industry selections are displayed in the left pane as illustrated.
- To filter companies based on their primary business, turn on the Search only primary business button.
Note: This option allows you to find companies based on the industry that comprises the largest portion of their business dealings. For example, Sony’s primary business is “Electronics” and it has more than 50 sub-businesses in which they are involved. You may not want to see Sony in your search results if you have selected industries outside of Sony's primary business. In this example, if you turn on the "Search only primary business" filter and select any industry besides "Electronics," you will not see Sony in your search results.
- You can also select the uncategorized sub-industry check box under any industry to retrieve the companies for which sub-industries are not categorized.
||Click Finish to specify the name of your market segment.
- Enter the Market Segment name and click Save.
- Once you click Save, you will see a dashboard to visualize the characteristics of your target market.
- You can also choose to save your market segment search criteria as a draft as illustrated.