Only Administrators can configure the InsideView Refresh for Salesforce CRM account.
Note: If your organization restricts network access to third party applications, please ask your IT administrator to add the following IP address ranges to allow updates from InsideView:
- 22.214.171.124 to 126.96.36.199
Installation Package Components
InsideView Refresh managed package will add and populate MatchedStatus and LastUpdatedDateByIV custom fields and an Account Outbound workflow rule when installed. These custom fields and workflow rule components are required to push the matches and updates from InsideView Refresh into your CRM.
Caution: Do not restrict the custom fields and workflow rule from being created in your CRM. By default, Salesforce has a limit of 50 active workflow rules in a production environment and 10 in a Sandbox instance, we recommend you to check the number of active workflow rules in your Salesforce instance. If that number is already 50 in Production or 10 in Sandbox, one of the rules must be set to ‘inactive’ (or deleted), or the following error message is displayed:
Exceeded maximum number (50)/(10) of active workflow rules or approval processes for Account records.
However, you can increase the number of active workflow rules in your Salesforce CRM. For more information, refer to the Salesforce documentation.
Supported Web Browsers
The Web browsers which support Transport Layer Security (TLS) 1.1 and 1.2 protocols to install InsideView Refresh are:
|Google Chrome||v73 and above|
|Internet Explorer||v11 and above|
|Mozilla Firefox||v45 and above|
|Apple Safari||v7 and above|
Make sure you have required roles, created a backup of your data and enabled field auditing before your proceed with InsideView Refresh Installation.
Roles Required to Authenticate Access
To install InsideView Refresh, you must have the Salesforce administrator role with CRUD permissions on the Accounts object in the CRM.
Create a Backup of Your Salesforce Account Data
Before installing InsideView Refresh, backup your Salesforce CRM account records.
- Log in to your Salesforce CRM.
- Go to Setup > Data Management > Data Export and click Export Now.
Note: The Export Now option is only available if you have not exported files manually in the past six weeks.
- In the Exported Data section, select the Account check box and then click Start Export. Salesforce creates a .zip archive of .csv files and then emails you when files are ready. If you export a large account file it is split into multiples files.
- Click the link in the email notification or click Data Export to download .zip file(s).
Note: The steps to create a backup of account records might be different for the Salesforce Professional, Enterprise, and Unlimited Editions. InsideView recommends you to refer the Salesforce documentation for more recent instructions on their website.
Enable Field History Tracking for Accounts in Salesforce CRM
Before installing InsideView Refresh, you must enable field history tracking for users in the Salesforce CRM accounts to restore previous information when automated cleaning processed is used to update Salesforce records. Field tracking is optional for some fields.
- Log in to your Salesforce account.
- Go to Your Name > Setup > Customize > Object and select Fields.
- Click Set History Tracking and enable history tracking for Accounts object.
select Enable Account History.
- Set history tracking for these Account fields, as a minimum. You can also track custom fields that you have mapped:
- Account Name
- Account Owner
- Annual Revenue
- Billing Address
- Graveyard (optional)
- Last Checked Backend (optional)
- Ticker Symbol
- Click Save.
For the latest information on how to enable history tracking for Salesforce accounts, refer to their online documentation.